Camp & Christmas

Saturday, January 2, 2010

The days have been busy, the nights long, but I am still 'rejoicing in the Lord' as Jon Wilhite would say (and his family :).


This past Christmas I had the blessing of going to visit my grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins, along with other relatives. It was such a blessing to relax for a few days and enjoy the time talking with everyone. My aunt asked me to preach also, so I got together a message for that night and preached after we had a totally awesome meal of shrimp, fish, and spaghetti, along with an assortment of other deserts which included my grandfathers Italian Pitzels :D. The shrimp all the ladies make has to be the best in the world, at least my taste buds think so. Seriously now, the stuff they pour on those shrimp with all the spices etc. make them taste totally awesome. I've never tasted a meal so good as the one we have had every Christmas Eve. I especially like that they make so much of it.

So off to camp part of the blog now. After getting back from my relatives on Saturday I left on Sunday night to go on a three day camp in New York. The name of the camp is 'Snow Camp' and you guessed it, we had snow all over the place which made it very beautiful to see. The camp started off that night with one of the guys snoring so loud I just had to wake the pour guy up because nobody was getting any sleep and it was after 11. Since we were leaving at 2:00 in the morning we needed all the sleep we could get. Well, during that short period of time I found out that they turn down the heat in church at night to save on electricity, I figured they would've kept it warmer since we were there. So, I began to put all my extra clothes on me and covered myself with my jacket. I laid in bed and froze there hoping that 2:00 would come quickly. Finally it came
Camp was excellent. The opportunities I had as a counsellor to speak to some of the guys with the issues they were facing made it so exciting. The icing on the cake (so to say, not that I'm a fan of icing) was when I got to lead Brennan to the Lord. I'm thankful for the opportunity I had to practice in Botswana, when over there It helped me narrow down how to explain salvation in fewer words instead of going through the entire four week Bible Study my church offers.
And now, It's the NEW YEAR! So I've been busy organizing myself and the projects I do. So far I've been pretty excited. My mother got me some new books on being a leader and how to do twice as much in half the time :) It's been a good book so far and just for the record, I am nearing completion on my Adoniram Judson book. Yes, I agree it has taken me awhile to finish it :)
I may put out a blog post sometime with some of the goals I am looking to accomplish this year, I'll see :P

Have a Wonderful Day Serving the Lord Everyone!
BenH

0 comments