Bens Birthday Blessing Blog Post :)

Thursday, November 6, 2008

This blog seems to contain a lot of B's in it :) As some of you know, yesterday was my birthday. Though the day was pretty much the same as usual, I had some time with my family at the end of the day which was fun. My family is great, we have a lot of good times together. My little brother, Hudson, is hilarious, he cracks me up so many times. When we got back from church we all gathered in the living room and I was going to open the presents they got for me. Hudson was SO excited for me to open the presents, he had already been counting them previously that afternoon and he knew there was exactly eleven. Three of the presents were from him. After opening the gift from my sisters which was a nice maroon shirt/fleece I decided to open Hudsons. I started opening the first little thing and he quickly said, "don't let Nina see, Nina don't look". Nina looked at him confused and Hudson then said, "I got you the same thing for Christmas." :) It turned out to be a magnet that he had got from Commerce Bank when he had gone on his field trip the other day for school. :) I started opening his next gift. As I was opening it he told me that it was hard for him to decide which one to pick for me. I finally opened the gift and found....... A book from his book shelf. :) Hudson has bookshelf in his bedroom which has a lot of the books that I read when I was young. So he decided to get one of those books off the shelf and wrap it, the second package was also a book. He got me Christopher Columbus, and Ben Hur. He quickly pointed out the reason why he had to pick the book Ben Hur :). I think you can figure it out. 


Despite Hudson's frugality with his gifts, he is a very giving person and I know he honestly meant to be thoughtful by wrapping the books for me. That showed even more when I opened his card. Inside his note he had tucked two dollars inside. I asked him how he got two dollars, because normally he just has a pile of coins in his room which he has scrounged up. :) He told me that he bargained with mom that if he read a certain amount of pages he could get two dollars, and if you know little boys (Like Hudson), the last thing they want to do is read. :) I thought that was so sweet that he did something he doesn't really like to do in order to get two dollars and give both to me. We all gave Hudson a hug for that :)

I had a great day, my family is awesome :)
I've attached a picture of my sweet little brother and his two books and two dollars he gave me. I let him return the two books to his shelf :P

Benjamin



1 Responses to Bens Birthday Blessing Blog Post :)

  1. Dear Abbi Says:
  2. Aww, that was a sweet story about Hudson! Thanks for sharing!